Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another way to put off doing my homework.

Today Zach and I went on a hike. It was great and relaxing and we got out of the city (our favorite part). I absolutely love hiking and plan to go a lot this summer, a lot a lot. A city like Pittsburgh drives me mad after a while, but I think any city would drive me mad after a certain period of time. We've both realized while living here that this is not where we want to stay after I finish school. And depending on graduate school, the sooner we get out the better. But anyway, we hiked for about an hour and a half and then went to a farmer's market / green house that we found a long the way. Oh my, I was in love. I got some potatoes, beautiful asparagus, garlic, and some tasty pepper jack cheese. I wanted just about everything there but of course that wasn't realistic. We've been buying our food organic, and I feel so much better. I've made a vow to start eating healthier and to keep my body in healthy shape; and I already feel good about the decision. The pesticides and herbicides that are on most fruits and vegetables terrify me, and I just can't support it any longer. And even though I'm a poor college kid, I plan to do my best to keep up buying organic. But... anyway.
I work again all weekend, with a fourteen hour shift ending it on Sunday. But it won't be too bad and I will be making money to keep a roof under my college-student head! I've been feeling a bit down these past few days, but I'm not quite sure why. I wonder if it could possibly have anything to do with the fact that I'm reading The Bell Jar. I feel like I'm also going mad while reading it.


This asparagus was some of the most beautiful asparagus I've ever bought. And for some reason it made me very happy.

No comments: