We had a wonderful time in Vermont, which I will talk about sometime soon, but I want to talk about this lady. I have just given her her last dose of medicine on the 4th, and her breathing already seems to be back to the hoarse, liquid-y sounding breathing it sounded like before she started taking it. And now, she has another lump forming under her mouth. I fear it's a tumor, and that I won't have the money to give her the surgery she may need. I worry she is going to die soon and that she never gets a break from having some sort of health problem. She used to be perfectly fine, a little respiratory issues from here to there but nothing she couldn't deal with; but now it's as though she is always having issues. It breaks my heart to see this poor little rat who has so many problems and there is little to be done. I tried to call the vet today, but they were closed, and don't open until Monday. I've ordered her some medicine, well natural herb, called turkey tail which should help the tumor by slowing its growth down or stopping it completely (maybe), so I hope I get that in the mail soon. I at least hope if she does pass, she will do so in her sleep and not by being in awful pain due to a health problem. I wish I could carry her around all day and just cuddle with her, but alas, I can't. This is why having animals is so difficult for me, because sooner or later, like us, they have to pass... and well, sometimes that's just a little hard for me to deal with (as it should be) because I love them entirely too much.
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Isabelle (Itty Bitty)
We had a wonderful time in Vermont, which I will talk about sometime soon, but I want to talk about this lady. I have just given her her last dose of medicine on the 4th, and her breathing already seems to be back to the hoarse, liquid-y sounding breathing it sounded like before she started taking it. And now, she has another lump forming under her mouth. I fear it's a tumor, and that I won't have the money to give her the surgery she may need. I worry she is going to die soon and that she never gets a break from having some sort of health problem. She used to be perfectly fine, a little respiratory issues from here to there but nothing she couldn't deal with; but now it's as though she is always having issues. It breaks my heart to see this poor little rat who has so many problems and there is little to be done. I tried to call the vet today, but they were closed, and don't open until Monday. I've ordered her some medicine, well natural herb, called turkey tail which should help the tumor by slowing its growth down or stopping it completely (maybe), so I hope I get that in the mail soon. I at least hope if she does pass, she will do so in her sleep and not by being in awful pain due to a health problem. I wish I could carry her around all day and just cuddle with her, but alas, I can't. This is why having animals is so difficult for me, because sooner or later, like us, they have to pass... and well, sometimes that's just a little hard for me to deal with (as it should be) because I love them entirely too much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh stacie this is so heartbreaking. i felt hard in the my throat reading it. i had two little mice once upon a time and both died from tumors with me there helpless. i hope your dear little darling will make it through this.
Thank you so much, it means a lot. She seems to be in high spirits still, so I hope she stays this way even if it is a tumor. I am impatiently waiting for this turkey tail and am hoping that it helps her in any way possible. And I am so sorry about your mice, it is so sad that these animals are prone to illnesses as awful as tumors.
Post a Comment