We went to the National Aviary here in Pittsburgh about two weeks ago. To think, I have lived here almost four years and I have never been to a place where they keep amazingly, beautiful birds. Someone we know works there, so we did not have to pay to get in; this was such a nice surprise. I had to work that day but we mostly took our time and enjoyed every bit of it. The first picture is of the sea eagle. He was beautiful. All of the others were, too, but there was something so special about him and it was hard for me to leave him. He was so intense looking, so striking. We certainly want to go back sometime and stay longer, but who wouldn't?
Sunday, October 24, 2010
The National Aviary
We went to the National Aviary here in Pittsburgh about two weeks ago. To think, I have lived here almost four years and I have never been to a place where they keep amazingly, beautiful birds. Someone we know works there, so we did not have to pay to get in; this was such a nice surprise. I had to work that day but we mostly took our time and enjoyed every bit of it. The first picture is of the sea eagle. He was beautiful. All of the others were, too, but there was something so special about him and it was hard for me to leave him. He was so intense looking, so striking. We certainly want to go back sometime and stay longer, but who wouldn't?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment