Friday, October 22, 2010

this is life

Oh wow. I have not written here in such a long, long time it seems. School has taken over much of my time, and work. And if those two are not a part of it, well then I am out and about trying to have fun and make memories; which seem to be going wonderfully. I have decided what I am going to do my research paper on for graduation; home births. It just hit me all of a sudden one day while I was in class and my professor said to pick something you feel passionate about and know you will love to learn more about. (He may not have said that exactly, but in my head that's how it turned out). I am so excited to hear about mother's experiences who have had their child at home. I have read a lot online and they are so amazing that listening in person has to be an even more powerful way to understand. My other classes have been pretty time consuming, as well, but I really do enjoy most of them.
I will be graduating in May and it still hasn't set in completely. I need to take GREs, get letters of recommendation, write a letter as to why I want to apply, and everything else that goes along with graduate school. I have been looking at the University of Vermont, and Zach and I are actually going to go up and visit Burlington next weekend. (I am so completely excited, I am getting all of my work done now so I will have no worries next week, except the pure excitement of the trip). It's a 12 hour drive, but definitely worth it in my book.
Isabelle has also been to the vet. It was about time, really. And she has gotten medicine and has gained weight and looks healthy. I'm so glad. She hates taking one of the medications we have received for her, but I hide it in a muffin and she gobbles it all down. It's much better than sticking a syringe in her tiny mouth and struggling with her.
It's so difficult to write about everything that has happened these past few months without typing for hours. I really will try to keep up, but at least I have been loving my life and am so, very happy. This coming Tuesday will be Zach and I's one month and two year anniversary. It sounds silly, but we always count these days as special too. And celebrate with dinner if we can, or even watching a movie together. And then we go to Vermont; so I couldn't be more excited.




No comments: