It's snowing and I do not have to do a thing today. Maybe when Zach gets back from work we can go outside and play in it for a little while, I haven't done that in so long. I remember sled riding, and hating it so much because snow would get inside my gloves and socks and I would feel such a burning sensation that it made me miserable. But up I would go, back onto the top of the small hill, and ride back down anyway for that small thrill; or suck it up just so I could make a snow angel. But now that I'm older, I miss that. I miss being able to have the burning from the snow, and still be able to go inside and take off my huge snow suit and all of my clothes and get wrapped up in a blanket and get warm. Now that was a good feeling, and still is; warming up after you have just been in such cold weather.
I'm drinking some coffee. I usually don't drink coffee, I don't really like it. But since Zach drinks it I have been, as well. But I'd like to get some good tea. I like tea by itself, and it's much better than coffee. But coffee will have to do for now. It's finally warm in here, perhaps a little too warm. I've been cooking and baking a lot since I've been on break, and I truly love it. I've made lasagna, mashed potatoes & sauerkraut for New Year's Day with vegetarian sausages, banana muffins, sweet potato and garlic soup, and so on. It makes me happy to cook for people, especially Zach, and to have them enjoy good food, though not all the time "perfect" food. But either way, I love it.
I guess I can go finish Zach's cowl and read more of The Handmaid's Tale, which is turning out to be a wonderful book. I feel like snuggling in my bed with Norman today and that might just be what I do.
Thursday, January 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment