Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Simple cowl


I finished this very simple cowl in two days. I worked allll day Sunday, and while I wasn't hanging out with Carl or helping him with this or that, I was knitting. It is the first item I have ever knitted, and although it was super easy, I'm still proud of it. I didn't mess up at all, at least I thought so; until I was binding off (yes, the last step!) and dropped a stitch. Luckily I found it when it only dropped two down, and was able to fix it with an embroidery needle without it being too noticeable. I also unraveled Zach's scarf that I was crocheting, so that I could knit him a cowl just like this, seeing that his scarf was very uneven anyway. It's so difficult for me to decide whether or not I want to knit or continue reading my book! So many great things to accomplish before I start classes again on the 17th, and not enough time!

No comments: