Sunday, May 1, 2011

Goodbye, Isabelle

Oh, hi, blog world. It's been a sad, hectic week(end). We put Isabelle to sleep yesterday, and have been trying to find a place all week, so that was most upsetting. She was suffering and old and it was just her time, and we buried her in the backyard and put an 'I' above her grave with stones. Words cannot even describe how much I loved and cared for this sweet little rat. The last few days she just wanted to be with me the whole time, touching my skin and sleeping, or trying to climb up onto my shoulder. Periodically I would hold her to my face and just cry because I felt so bad for her, and knew she would be leaving us soon. I took a picture of her on my shoulder the day before she passed, so I will be glad to get that back. She was the sweetest, most loving animal I've ever had, and she was worth everything we had to do when we found out she had her respiratory issue. I will miss her dearly, but couldn't be happier that she is not suffering anymore. She had a great life and knew she was loved, and that's what matters most.
Goodbye, Isabelle

1 comment:

Kim said...

This is the second I've heard of people losing their pets this month, and we're only 10 days in. I'm so sorry :(