Monday, June 28, 2010

Family

I saw The Princess Bride for the first time the other day, and I loved it. What a wonderfully entertaining movie. I wasn't feeling well but it didn't stop me from enjoying what the film had to offer, and I giggled a lot and broke out into quite a bit of hysterical laughing every now and again.
This weekend we went to Coudersport to see Zach's family, which turned out to be a lot of fun as usual. I finally got to put my new camera into action so hopefully I will be getting some film back soon. We also went camping on Friday which was pretty fun. I got a few mosquito bites on my legs but there's no harm there, just a lot of itchiness. The trees were that really brilliant bright green color that you usually only see in the Spring time, but they were really lovely even now. We sat around a crackling fire and just relaxed for the night, however I did have to take many trips down to the bathroom because there was no place to run off into the woods that would have been very secluded. We enjoyed ourselves immensely and brought Brad back with us yesterday. I realized today I will have four more weekends off in a row, which makes me feel lazy. And poor. But I will enjoy myself nonetheless and make the most out of these weekends. We are going to see my family this weekend for the Fourth of July and the week after that entails a trip to Maine with Zach's family, and I am so, so excited for this trip. I've always wanted to go to Maine, or anywhere North for that matter. I think about living in Vermont someday, but we will see. It just seems like a place I want to be someday.
Today I am planning on finishing The Corrections, which I have been reading slowly for about two weeks now and only have about a hundred pages left (if that) of a 568 page book. I just really haven't had time to finish it even though I am so close! So today is the perfect day for that. And to do some slight tidying because we were away this weekend and Norman likes to drag his cat litter from here to there for some reason. Silly kitty.

No comments: