Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It is my long week. But we had a lovely, hectic weekend. The bed and breakfast was amazing and comforting. (I will have photos back soon, I hope). We then went to visit my family and had a good time overall, but of course it was crazy and frantic and I needed tires for my car so we were all very frazzled about many things. Cars are so much of a hassle that I hate them in most ways. We finally got two new tires for my car and came back on Monday before I had to go to class. We didn't get to sleep in at all for about five days, which is okay I suppose but it was supposed to be a nice relaxing, lazy weekend. So today we slept in; I slept until 10:30 and Zach slept until 12:30. We were sleepy people.

While home we did get to go swimming for a little while. It was fun and I haven't been swimming in ages. Last summer I don't think I went swimming once! My brother accidentally stepped on a baby rabbit while running through the woods and you could tell it broke his heart. He carried it back to us looking awfully upset, and he went to bury it and put some flowers on top of the grave. It was interesting to see my young brother, all of 17 years of age, who is going to be a father. Still so ignorant in many ways, angry at the world and at his family; and he steps on a bunny and kills it and you see someone so different from who he was a few minutes before. Saddened, deeply, and he looks so much older at that moment. Although it was sad that he had killed the bunny, I think the experience may have changed him in some small way. At least I hope so.

But on a happier note, we are now home and with much rest (finally). I have work tonight and I am looking forward to seeing Carl. I wish I had time to upload a few photos, but I must go and get my things together.

No comments: