Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to Zach

The boy I love is a lot of adjectives. Beautiful adjectives that you delve for deep inside your heart to perfectly describe a human-being such as he. Of course no adjective could ever describe the pure experience of being with him, alive with him, next to him, holding his gentle hand. Touching his face and kissing his neck; knowing that he will be lying next to me until the days are no longer for either of us. It's a remarkable feeling when you meet someone and you know immediately, in some way, that you love them. You aren't quite sure how but you know that the capacity for your love to grow is quite staggering and you wish to spend every waking moment learning more and more about who you will be spending the rest of your life with. Each second apart is in a way annoying and melancholy and you wonder, "Why do our lives make it so that we have to be apart for so long?" "Why can we not take all the time we need to lie next to one another and grow and grow together?" And then you see each other once again and then you know, and that feeling is one of the luckiest feelings I've ever been capable of knowing. The happiness I felt when I came back and hugged you, it was one of the happiest moments of my life.
The boy I love is the person I plan on spending the rest of my life with, through everything and anything. Sometimes I think about how much I feel for this boy and my chest starts to swell up and I feel my heart beating in beautiful, magnificent ways and I never want to stop smiling. It's like having my very own special secret that only I get to know and I get to hold and that I get to cherish. Only me. I think about when we will have children one day and we both will have these feelings for our children, and we will love them with all of our might and will do everything we can to make them strong and humble and kind and caring toward themselves and others. We can let them open their arms up to the beautiful world that is often hidden by hate and violence and they will be able to see the beauty of the world through their own eyes, with their own ideas and imaginations.
This boy will always be the one I look forward to seeing. The one whose face will be in my head when I awake when he is or is not lying next to me. He is the person I will always think about when I have a millisecond of blank space in my mind that needs to be filled with something beautiful. The face I will see when I am so overworked and overstressed that I just need time to smile and remember how beautiful life can be and how much I am loved and can love. He is the person who I want to never take for granted. And I just wanted him to know.

No comments: