Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Evelyn


I got to spend a day with my niece, Evelyn, when she and her mother were in from Alaska. I love her so dearly and wish they lived closer, but soon they will be moving to South Carolina, which beats Alaska any day. She is my first niece and I want to be around as much as possible to watch her grow and help her experience new things whenever I can. She was teething so she was grumpy some of the time we had her, but she was still such a babe. We swung her in her car seat and she fell asleep, but she turned over (the picture above) and I couldn't resist snapping a photo of it before I turned her back over. I've only seen her in person a handful of times, but I can't help but love her with all of my heart. I know my brother is going to be such a wonderful father, and I couldn't be any prouder of him. Although I was able to spend at least five hours with this little lady, I was so sad to take her back to her momma. I cannot wait to see them again in the beginning of October. There will be tons of smooches and hugs for this family, mostly given by me.

No comments: