



These are mostly all at different locations, all from different but wonderful trips that occurred around the same time.
The first is of the drive to my grandparent's house. I've always loved this drive ever since I was a child. There is no traffic, no loud noises to distract you from nature, and there is always the joy that at the end of the trip you will get to see your grandparent's. It will be a sad, sad day when I can no longer feel this way. I know it has to come some day but I fear it, still. Until this day I will cherish the drive there as I always have, with the wonderful scenery and smells of farm after farm. It's so unbelievably wonderful to visit family and not have to worry about being late or being grumpy when arriving because of traffic. It's like no other feeling...
The second was taken after The Slant's final show. That was the band that Zach was in for about five years, and it was time to move on. People grow, and change always comes with this, and so sometimes it is best to leave things when you know the time is right; which is exactly what they did. It was about to rain and there was lightning strike after lightning strike and we walked about three blocks to the house hoping the rain wouldn't start pouring down on us before we got there (even though I think we secretly did hope so), and I took this picture of the court house. And that is what I got...
The third picture is when we all went to get ice cream when we were in Maine. We went to a place called 'Tubby's' but unfortunately did not have the pleasure of meeting Tubby himself. I couldn't finish my waffle cone and gave it to Zach, as usual when I cannot finish something I am eating, and everyone enjoyed themselves. We walked down to a small bridge to look at the water and while walking back to everyone was sitting we looked up to see this mannequin's head looking out through the window. I was very pleased to see this. The house was old and looked abandoned, although I think it was occupied, and I thought how nice it would be to have an old house that looked abandoned with a mannequin's head looking out to greet everyone walking by. I believe I was jealous for a second.
The last is of Zach getting gas for our trip back to Pittsburgh. Although the trip is over when you go home, the car ride always seems to be one last little vacation. I love road trips, or riding in a car in general with others you care about. Sometimes you drive for over two hours without the radio and you do not realize until you are finally there, and you get such a nice feeling when realizing it. I wouldn't trade my car rides with Zach for anything in the world.

No comments:
Post a Comment