Sunday, August 1, 2010

Woe

It is 9:09 AM. I woke up at 6:50 AM to come to work from 8AM-10PM. I am very tired, due to the illness of my little rat, Isabelle, and because last night I was at work until 11. I have been crying a lot these past few days because of Isabelle and I just want her to be okay. Unfortunately I don't have the funds to take her to any of the vets around Pittsburgh, they are so expensive and because I had to go to the hospital at the beginning of the month and ended up with a bill of almost $3,000... I am just backed into a corner. I hate this helpless feeling. I want to just march into some veterinarian's office and demand that my poor little sick rat be seen and treated at a reasonable price and that it's awful these people charge so much money because they know it will break the owner's heart and they will pay it. But sadly, I know this won't help anything. She seems to be doing better today, even though I won't be around, it may be better so she rests some more. I think she was having an awful respiratory flair up, so I gave her some dark chocolate and I am going to purchase a humidifier. We are going to Coudersport later on this week to see Zach's family and so he can play music, so Isabelle must come along. I hope she travels well. I am still so excited to do all the things we have planned this month before I go back to school, but I am just so worried about ever leaving her alone. There were other things I wanted to be said, but it just isn't going to happen today. My sadness overrules my happiness at the time, and that's okay.

No comments: