Sunday, August 29, 2010
Saying goodbye to this city. Hopefully.
Tomorrow I will go back to Point Park University for my last year of classes. It's a strange feeling, and as much as I love living in the present moment I cannot help but feel great excitement for what lies in my future after graduation. I am ready to be graduated, ready to move out of Pittsburgh. A lot of things have happened to me while living in this city, and I will always cherish it for being the first place I moved to when leaving my family; but, I will not miss it. This I know. I know I do not belong here, nor do I wish to feel this way. Somewhere in my heart I feel like I belong somewhere north of here, perhaps Vermont. Well... Vermont. I'm looking forward to visiting this place while I am finishing up my last year of school and hopefully around this time next year I will be planning on moving there, with Zach of course. And if we visit and it is not the best place for us, or does not feel right in our hearts, then it will be okay with me and we will cross it off of our list. But somewhere besides this city is where we will be. And for that reason I am so excited. And to be quite honest, I think we would love Vermont. However, if one more person tells me about how much snow they get in the north, I may go crazy. Thank you but I already know this. For me to think about Pittsburgh, and think that I may be living here for just one more year, brings happy happy thoughts to my mind! I want to make the most of this year so that I do not leave simply hating the place (which is how I feel now). And no matter what, it will always be the place where I met Zach. Neither of us are from Pittsburgh, and yet we managed to meet and fall in love. So maybe Pittsburgh isn't so bad after all. But as long as I am able to leave the city with Zach by my side, I will be okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment