



While in Maine we went to Popham Beach, (my previous post), which was where we were able to look through Popham Fort; which was built during the Civil War. It was a nice discovery looking through it and being able, free of charge, to see the dark rooms that men once slept in. The second picture up of Zach is from one of the pitch black rooms we found. I wasn't able to see a thing in this room, just like the others we found, so I took a picture so I would then know what we were really standing in. Of course it's nothing spectacular, but in a way it is. Could you imagine sleeping in this room in the pitch black? I certainly couldn't. But then again I am quite the scared-y cat when it comes to the darkness. Anyway, I digress. The point is that it was amazing to be able to walk through this fort, especially looking out onto the ocean. It was a great feeling. And thankfully I do not believe this fort ever actually was used in battle, nor was it ever completely finished.

No comments:
Post a Comment